The following list of books is a work in progress.
- Carman, Jack B. Wildflowers of Tennessee. Highland Rim Press, 2001.
- Horn, Dennis, et al. Wildflowers of Tennessee, the Ohio Valley, and the Southern Appalachians. Lone Pine Publishing, 2018.
- Jones, Ronald L., and Wofford, B. Eugene. Woody Plants of Kentucky and Tennessee: The Complete Winter Guide to Their Identification and Use. United States, University Press of Kentucky, 2013.
- Williams, Michael D. Identifying Trees of the East: An All-Season Guide to Eastern North America. United States, Stackpole Books, 2017.
All Vascular Plants
- Tennessee Flora Committee. Guide to the Vascular Plants of Tennessee. United States, University of Tennessee Press, 2015.
- Holm, Heather. Bees: An Identification and Native Plant Forage Guide. United States, Pollination Press LLC, 2017
- Venable, Rita. Butterflies of Tennessee. Maywood Publishing, 2014.
Attracting Pollinators and Birds to the Garden
- Holm, Heather. Pollinators of Native Plants, Pollinator Press LLC, 2014.
- The Xerces Society. Attracting Native Pollinators, Storey Publishing, 2011.
- The Xerces Society. Gardening for Butterflies, Timber Press, 2016.
- Sorenson, Sharon. Planting Native to Attract Birds to Your Yard. United States, Stackpole Books, 2018.
Gardening and Landscape Design
- Woolridge, Ginger, and Dove, Tony. Essential Native Trees and Shrubs for the Eastern United States: The Guide to Creating a Sustainable Landscape. United States, Charlesbridge, 2018.
- Darke, Rick, and Tallamy, Douglas W. The Living Landscape: Designing for Beauty and Biodiversity in the Home Garden. Timber Press, 2016.
- Mellichamp, Larry, and Gross, Paula. The Southeast Native Plant Primer: 225 Plants for an Earth-Friendly Garden. Timber Press, 2020.
- Rainer, Thomas, and West, Claudia. Planting in a Post-Wild World: Designing Plant Communities for Resilient Landscapes. United States, Timber Press, 2016.
- Christopher, Thomas, and Weaner, Larry. Garden Revolution: How Our Landscapes Can Be a Source of Environmental Change. United States, Timber Press, 2016.
- Hunter, Margie. Gardening with the Native Plants of Tennessee. The University of Tennessee Press, 2002.
Comprehensive Tree Landscaping (including exotics)
The title of the section really should have been “Tree Books that are Almost 1,000 Pages Long and Weigh over 7 Pounds.”
- Dirr, Michael A., and Warren, Keith S.. The Tree Book: Superior Selections for Landscapes, Streetscapes, and Gardens. United States, Timber Press, 2019.
- Dirr, Michael A. Dirr’s Encyclopedia of Trees and Shrubs. United States, Timber Press, 2016.
Native Plant Propagation
- Midgley, Jan A. W. Native Plant Propagation. Fifth Edition. Jan A. W. Midgley, 2020.
- Bir, Richard E. Growing & Propagating Showy Native Woody Plants. The University of North Carolina Press, 1992.